Thursday, September 22, 2016

Introduction to Blog

Montgomery Alabama 1965

A small group at CCP is reading and discussing Bryan Stevenson's Just Mercy.  I thought I would create a blog to facilitate commentary and discussion of the readings.  This is a book that seems to have struck deeply into our sense of social justice, what place mass incarceration has in America, the continuing havoc latent and overt racism continues to have upon us all, and the effect of our contemporary political landscape on our sensibilities to understand, empathize with, and get along with one another.

I hope members of the group (you) will join in and enrich our discussion by asking questions, offering comments, sharing thoughts that percolated to the surface in the hours after our meetings.  I've offered a comment for session one and hope I can entice you to offering a response or your own comment.

Thanks,
CR



Here's two links to Bryan Stevenson:  TED Talk and PBS extended interview.

And one to The Davis Sisters Singing  "Plant My Feet On Higher Ground"


No comments:

Post a Comment